.JPG)
Today, we went to church.
.JPG)
We got there half an hour early
and stood in the “lobby” awkwardly until someone invited us inside. It was held
in an office suite of a building, and the branch was really small. We, like,
tripled their branch size. They all had great accents, some Welsh, most
English. They were a little bit rude to each other- it seemed to me- when
giving comments and stuff, although they also laughed a lot. The singing was
not great, either. I either fit in or actually mildly improved it. A couple of
youngins talked about seminary because they had had seminary graduation the day
before. For some reason, all the teenagers I’ve met in Europe look a lot older
than they actually are. In Sunday school we had the lesson about the cream and
misspelled name and not being offended. Apparently it gets on Jacob’s nerves
because it never happened and was definitely not the reason Martin Harris left
the church. In combined priesthood and relief society, they talked about giving
to the British Legion (like American Red Cross) and tried to combine it with
service.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Then we got home, ate, took a nap,
and went down to the beach. I am lucky I’m a light sleeper because they would
have gone to the beach without me if I hadn’t heard Katie come in to wake up
Nicole. The pier was really cool. They had a real live puppet show and their
accents were great and the children were so cute and I loved it. There were
lots of shops and attractions and they don’t seem to care about Copyright laws
very much, because pretty much any famous cartoon character you could imagine
was used in the names and on pictures to get people to come inside with their
kids. It was a nice little walk and it’s cool to be so close to the ocean. We
only stuck our feet in for a minute because the water was cold, but it was
nice.
.JPG)
Llandudno is the city where Alice Liddell (who
Alice in Wonderland is based off of) and her family used to spend vacations. We
took a lot of pictures with the statues while we walked around. Then we rushed
back to the hostile to get to an impromptu musical fireside where we did most
of the music. The Gardners had invited a few random people they met on the
street and only four people from the branch showed up. It was interesting, to
put it nicely. I didn’t volunteer for anything, because I probably would have
ruined the spirit. But I prayed. It rained while we were in there, but it was
mostly just really windy today. The biscuits were good and there was a plate
full of chocolates. I kept thinking how I wanted to sneak them into my purse
for later and then Katie said those very words out loud, so we put the
chocolates in our purses so we could eat them at home while we watched Alice in
Wonderland. Only Matt, Kyra, Katie, and I made it all the way to the end of the
movie. Oh whale!
1 comment:
that picture of you and the Cheshire cat
Post a Comment