So, I've been trying to decide why I'm so stressed out, and here's what I came up with.
Full time school. (Not to mention my teachers this term are a lot harder than the ones last term. And I have a daily 8 o'clock class now.)
Full time work. (Yes, I inflicted this upon myself, but I really REALLY want to go on a study abroad to England next semester.)
Trying to change myself socially. It's hard to try to change your very nature. But it's something I've been wanting to do with myself for a long time and I am finally making my fantasy a reality. I'm caring more, I am having a more positive outlook on life, and I am making friends. It's great!
Trying to change myself spiritually without any support from my roommates. I know I shouldn't/can't depend on anyone else for my spirituality, but I feel like it would be easier to do if my roommates went to church with me. And also if Sarah believed more along the lines of what I do. Sarah is the one I'm around the most, but there are a lot of things we don't agree on. Sometimes this helps my testimony grow stronger, sometimes it just frustrates me.
Karsen breaking up with me. I really like Karsen, in case you couldn't tell from my last post. And it's hard for me not knowing why he doesn't think we'd last together. I know I shouldn't dwell on it, and I should have asked more questions in the moment, but I totally haven't reacted to this situation the way I should have. I know I should just accept his decision- some days I do (I know I need more dating experience before I can commit to anyone), other days I don't (I really would like to be his and for him to be mine).
I have to keep paying for unexpected costs. Utilities got pushed through the roof, and I heard it was in order to make up for the money Centennial is losing because they lowered their summer rent for some people. Food is more expensive than I expected, especially when things go bad so fast. The car is broken and I have to go get that fixed. Gifts for people. Clothes, because none of mine fit anymore. All kinds of random things. I HATE how much money I've spent the past month. It's disgusting.
I had a stressful shopping day on Saturday. I hate shopping, but I always forget to what extent until I go again.
I haven't seen my family since Christmas.
And last but not least, I'm on my period. Lovely, no?
So, that's why I'm stressed. Although, if I do say so myself, I think I've handled it pretty well. I try to keep a positive attitude, and I've felt happier most days than I have in a long while, despite the road bumps. When I'm really frustrated, I usually run instead of eating myself to death like I normally would. And Carly commented today how she thinks I handle everything well; I was even fairly under control when the car made unbelievably loud noises and I was afraid it was going to blow up. Haha. :D I try not to complain (except to Mom, I feel like I unload a lot on her- Sorry, Mom!) and I don't cry in front of anyone (also except to Mom).
Needless to say, I cannot wait until I get to see my family in July and have a mini break from life up here.
No comments:
Post a Comment